7.11.11

Nike Lunar Fly

Cheers to Fall
Next up: The Nike Lunarfly 2
Details: Mesh upper, lunarlon outsole, Fitsole insole, Plastic Heel Cup
Goal: Clean this sucker up by tonight
Tools to be used: the brush, dawn, eraser, toothpick, thread & need (for tongue tag), warm water, and foot powder.

Step 1: Undress the client. Feel free to remove her lacing and undergarments (the insoles). Fill the tub with warm water and 3 squirts of your best dish soap. 
Step 2: Before bathing your client, take a screwdriver and pick at the tight grooves to remove any large chunks of dirt
Step 3: Grab yourself a cup of hot Green Tea or Coffee while the client baths for 5 minutes. 
Step 4: Lay down a dry towel and place the shoes on towel
Step 5: Take the laces of the client and dunk them in the still present bath water
Step 6: Take your brush (toothbrush or hand brush) and give a light scrub to the outsole and upper materials.

Step 7: Submerge the client back in the water and scrub away any remaining dirt
Step 8: Grab your camera because what your about to see is a new pair of shoes!!
Step 9: Viola! Reapply the laces and let the shoe sit in a warm area or stuff the client with newspaper (Never put your shoes in the dryer, it will alter the fragile materials)

Bonus: You may learn things about the client you never even knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspiration

I've always had a reason to keep my shoes clean and healthy. Not having many as a kid, I had to quickly learn how to keep them in good shape. My obsession with maintaining my shoes has carried through my life. This is my way of sharing my favorite parts of shoes and my ways of taking care of them