11.10.13

Cole Haan Lunargrand Chukka

My old, dirty, faded, Lunargrand Chukkas
    If you're like me, suede is not the ideal type of upper for a shoe. The nap, or the way the leather lies, is difficult to maintain especially if you live anywhere that rains. I live in the Pacific Northwest and rain comes 85% of the year. If I want to wear my suede, I either have to spray my leather protector on it twice a week, or just got with another pair of shoes.
    Below are my Cole Haan Lunargrand Chukka's in nubuck from last year. I was fortunate enough to score these last year from the Chicago store. Since then, I have worn them to the ground. Since Cole Haan did not decide to release another pair this Fall, I had to give them a facelift. I used some shoe cleaner as a base cleaning for any water stains and grime that was on the shoes. I then used a black shoe cream to bring back the color. I could have used a burgandy or even navy, but I decided to stick with the original. I then utilized some shoe wax to give it a more protective layer for the rain. A last coat of waterproof spray and protector was the final touch and they were ready to go. I am so happy with the finished look and have been thoroughly pleased with how they have worn these past few weeks. Here are some before and after shots below. Enjoy and feel free to shoot any questions my way.

Product care from: Cole Haan







3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Stewart,

      You can use a white eraser or a magic eraser from your local convenient store. The eraser does work best when working with soles similar to that of Converse. The Lunar outsole is a tad bit more spongy so it locks in dirty more so than the stiffer soles.

      Delete

Inspiration

I've always had a reason to keep my shoes clean and healthy. Not having many as a kid, I had to quickly learn how to keep them in good shape. My obsession with maintaining my shoes has carried through my life. This is my way of sharing my favorite parts of shoes and my ways of taking care of them