12.11.12

Nike Frees


My barefoot running choice has been the...drumroll... 2012 Nike Free Run+ 3 Shield. I have had 4 pairs of the ever popular running shoe that took the market by storm in 2004. Nike's Sasha Kerigaysky developed the first version of the shoe and its popularity quickly grew among runner's and other athletes around the world. The shoe has become a top choice  walking shoe as well by being lightweight, supportive, & ultra comfortable. The shoe allows your feet to gain strength by providing less constriction. The Free does take time to get use to because your muscles are stressed more than your typical footwear. I've personally worn everything from the Free 3.0 (least amount of cushion) to my blown out 7.0 (most amount of cushion). The shoe has evolved year to year and a variety of things have changed. The BRS 1000 rubber on the outsole provide one of the strongest forms of support on a running shoe. My 7.0 toebox began tearing after 6 months of use and this is one area where I have seen improvement.

     With the focus of creating a innovative and dynamic shoe for athletes, Nike examine groups of people with pressure sensitive insoles taped to their feet. They then used cameras and other technical devices to measure the way each set of feet are in motion. (Nike.com) 8 years later, Nike better understood the human foot and how it acts when in motion. From the forefoot to the heel strike, designers were able to make a shoe that could contour and move with the athlete's natural motion. 


From left-right: Nike Free 7.0, Free 3.0, Free Run+3 Shield
The 2012 version that I have already fell in love with has the asymmetrical lacing system that I am used to with my soccer boots.  It has embraced the waffle outsole that I have always been intrigued with. I feel lighter than ever on my runs and the "abrasion-resistant carbon rubber" reassures me that my money was invested. The other night, the 3m Reflective material caused multiple cars to slow down as they passed me on the road. I felt safer than ever running at night and that is important to me. 
Source: Nike.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspiration

I've always had a reason to keep my shoes clean and healthy. Not having many as a kid, I had to quickly learn how to keep them in good shape. My obsession with maintaining my shoes has carried through my life. This is my way of sharing my favorite parts of shoes and my ways of taking care of them